Let’s get down to it
Honestly. I dislike Ebooks…
I know, I know! Why do you publish Ebooks if you hate them so much?
- Because everyone likes Ebooks (well most people do)
- Ebooks sell better than paperbacks
- They’re cheaper- better for budgeters
- Social media connect – makes its so much simpler to share your favourite titles with friends and family
- Super ideal to pack and travel with
- Access to thousands of titles at your fingertips
- …. and that’s all I got. 😄
The truth is, publishing via Ebook prior to releasing a paperback is a great way to start stirring up reviews and attention for the book on a minimal budget. Many editors, publishers and writers have said this (and proved it) over and over again. Especially those of us that are publishing independently.
But I hate them!
- I don’t like staring at a screen that long. Special screen, special glasses or not, my eyes tire out.
- I lose interest in reading!
The book may be great but I can never sit down and read on a kindle as long as I can sit with a physical book.
- Forgetting to charge the darn thing!! 🤦🏻♀️
- Losing the cords!
- Your kindle crashes! (I’ve been a victim … I posted about it too)
- I like having signed copies of my favourite authors (heck I like being able to sign my own books for others to have)
- You lose out on that new book (or old book) smell
- You don’t get to walk the isles of a bookshop and sift through titles weighing the book, the price and the catchy ness of the first paragraph as you decide what to buy or pass on.
So what are your thoughts?
Ebook or real book?
What are some of your “convincing” points when telling someone why you like one vs the other?