Masks in the gym?!??
Admit it, are you really wearing them the whole time? 🤔
If you ever used the stair master in your gym, you know that thing gives you a birds eye view of 90% of the other patrons . You see everything.
From nose pickers to selfie takers.
It’s all out in the open.
So of course, I’m sweating myself into puddle and watching how many people are wearing masks, wiping off equipment and touching their faces in between sets…
Not judging, just watching and thinking.
Distraction is the key to getting through cardio 👌🏼
Right now, despite the constant rise and fall of COVID numbers across the country, masks are not required to be worn during physical strenuous activity.
If you already can’t breath while doing 45 minutes on the stair master it’s pretty obvious you won’t be able to breath with a mask on, right?
The requirement (that I’ve seen in the places I’ve been recently) is you must wear the mask when entering and walking around. But during the time you’re confined to one machine, it doesn’t need to be on your face.
So… are you going to the gym? Are you wearing a mask ?
And when is someone going to invent some chewing gum that helps with all the acne break outs due to wearing these masks for so long???
My current trick (or at least what I’m rolling with for now 🤷🏻♀️)…
- Wear a Washable mask
- On cardio equipment, slide that baby down a bit! Right now equipment is spaced out to every other unit, so I feel fine letting my nose breath 😂
- Don’t touch your face!!!
- Wear a jacket, use the sleeve to open your water bottle 👌🏼
- Keep antibacterial wipes (found at Walgreens) in your gym arsenal – wipe your your hands, wipe your face down when you get in your car and remove that nasty mask
- Keep your distance. Some people are trying to keep space between them and other patrons at all times, but… some still don’t care and will never learn personal boundaries. Take control of the situation.
- Take it outside! When all else fails, take it outside. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is the bomb! Get on YouTube, find you some free workouts and kill it.